Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day Overview

It all started last night at dinner. Paul and the kids made me dinner and each had a WONDERFUL thing to say about me and my "mom skills". Then we played a very "serious" game of Ninja and hung out as a family.

I was woken up this morning by my three beautiful children, each bearing a hand-drawn card they had made for me. My husband got them all ready for church and then took them to Starbucks to get my favorite cup of coffee. We worshipped together as a family and then went to lunch with some friends.

After lunch we headed out to a Missions game, where much more fun was in store for us!

When we got there we found out that moms and their kids got to go onto the field for the National anthem. While we were on the field Caleb and Jacob got to take a ground ball from a Missions player and keep the ball!

Our seats were directly behind the dugout...which was handy for the kids to put their drinks on! So every time the Missions came in from the field the kids called for a ball from a player. Finally in the 9th inning, Abby got a ball from a player. At the end of the 7th inning, I got to go up on top of the dugout and play a game...and I WON a $25 gift certificate!

At the end of the game we hung around the entrance to the locker room and got some autographs.

I was such a FUN day! Happy Mother's Day to me!

No comments: