Tuesday, April 29, 2008

When God doesn't make sense...to us...

I am reeling with this question right now. Last night we learned that one of our former youth shot herself in the face with a shotgun. Excuse the graphic nature of my sentence, but God is not making sense to alot of people in that community right now. We are pretty close to the family, their son lived with us for about 6-8weeks. We have been through "it" with this family and now this. I, from the outside looking in, am trying to see the big picture from God, His greater glory, for this tragedy. There are so many unanswered questions that only He has the answer to. I am praying for the family. Their son is bravely serving our country and is stationed in North Carolina trying to get home. I am praying that the ARMY will have compassion on him and let him leave in enough time to make the funeral. I am fully confident that God knows what he's doing....that being said...God isn't making a whole lot of sense to lots of people right now. Pray that God will give Paul and I wisdom in ministering to this family.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Of course, WE know this is not God's doing but a happening because we live in a world sin has corrupted. (From my quiet time last week) 1 Peter 5:8 says, "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." Satan has no sorrow or no feelings for us and takes joy in kicking us while we are down!

It is so hard to understand why God would allow something so tragic to happen to a family (and friends). God can use this to His honor and glory and I know He will use you and Paul to witness to this family. I pray He will speak through you and will give you both the comfort and the courage you will need to share His truth in the weeks to come.

You, Paul, and this family will be in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

lizzy said...

I am be praying for you and this family.