Monday, July 21, 2008

It is finished!

I could quite possibly have THE greatest husband in the whole wide world...Why? You ask?.....Well I'll tell you.....

If you have been keeping up, then you know that I painted and redecorated the kids rooms...and then I went to bed in my, let's just say, BORING room! My room was in serious need of a re-do, but I had already spent the money and time of our "vacation" doing the kids room so how could I possibly ask for more...

Just like this...

After church on Sunday, we went out to lunch and then came home. I was sort of sulking around and I said the 4 words my husband dreads...

"So, I've been thinking..."

Yep. He has learned over the last eight years of marriage that those 4 teeny tiny words usually cost him money, time and back pain. So at 4:00pm he sends my off to Home Depot to see what I can find. And I find the most amazing deal! I painted my room for FIVE dollars! There was a can of "oops" paint that was really close to the color that I wanted. The Home Depot paint expert made a couple of changes and "ta da! a beautiful color of brown! Yeah! and then...of course since I was getting such a great deal on the paint, I didn't stop there and I got a gold metallic finish to go over my beautifully cheap paint...don't worry it was on sale too...so as to keep in my theme of "in-expensive."

Don't get me wrong, people...the gold paint is FANCY! And FANCY is what you find in the magazines...And I always believe in having my house "Magazine ready." Of course my mom is falling out of her chair laughing right now reading this because my house is FAR from magazine ready...especially in the cleanliness department. (Hence the reason my mom is falling out of her chair laughing) Because if cleanliness is close to Godliness...then I am in TROUBLE people...serious trouble!

Anyway so after some quick painting and faux finishing my room is complete and it looks just as good as the rest of the house...of course my room was the last one to get done...it always is.

I think it turned out pretty AWESOME! And I am now done with the "re-doing" for a while! Here are some pics and the last one pretty much sums up what my husband thinks of all my "thinking" here lately! And my mom is going to FREAK out when she sees that all of the internet world is looking at my bed unmade! That's right people I don't make my bed for me...why would I make it for you! ;)




2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm impressed! Kuddos to your Paul..he did an awesome job!

Why make the bed? You're just going to get right back in it tonight and mess it up! (ateast that's my motto).....

Melissa said...

Very nice job, can you come to my house now and redo my kids rooms? LOL!!