Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our Pumpkin

Every year Paul and I carve a pumpkin. We have had some pretty good ones in the past, but we think this one is so far our best. In case you don't get it...which I'm sure you do...It's the initials of everyone in our family. This is by far the biggest pumpkin we have ever carved. We have a good time and I hope we will continue this for...well...ever.

Our kids are not quite old enough to carve so we are painting their pumpkins tomorrow...of course I will post pics of their pumpkins too. We are having great fall fun. We made homemade applesauce the other day...super tasty! We also made some fall sugar cookies in the shapes of leaves, pumpkins and scaredy cats. We are getting geared up for our Fall Festival. Everyone has a costume...except daddy...we'll see if we can get him all dressed up too...I'll let you know how that turns out. Jacob is going to be a Storm Trooper from Star Wars the Clone Wars...by far his favorite cartoon right now. Caleb is going to be Optimus Prime from the animated Transformer's series and Abby is going to be a Purple Princess. Why "Purple" you ask? Because I have never in my entire life met a child with such dedication to one singular color for so long. That's right people. She more than adores the color purple...and I'm not talking about Oprah's movie. her birthday was purple, her room is purple, at school I am her teacher and I am not...I repeat...NOT allowed to write her name on her paper in ANY other color...but.....purple. So anyway...I'm going to be a clown.yep.a clown. We'll see if we can get Paul to dress up...I doubt it.

Ok...so you have all been waiting to see our pumpkin...well...here it is.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

That pumpkin looks cool! You will definitely have to post pics of yourself as a clown! Oh, and Jacob is dressing the same as my Jarod. Those two have a lot in common...they even came to know Christ the same week as each other!!!