Friday, January 9, 2009

Can I just say...

Oh what a day...

Does it ever happen to anyone else?

I ask myself this question each time Paul goes out of town.

Paul left for a hunting trip last night and of course...this is when things start going badly. The kids "have trouble" falling asleep and so do I. The last time I look at the clock is 12:06 am...and then Abby and Caleb wake up at 5:00 am...this starts my day. I get everyone up, dressed and out the door in time to get Jacob to school and then I go to Starbucks and grab coffee and chocolate milk...twelve dollars later...anyway...and then I head back to school to complete my "Friday duties". The kids were mostly good for the day in the Rahe Bulverde Elementary School Workroom!

The whole day I was communicating with my friend Magan. Her son, Caleb's "best dude", has been sick all week and the doctors were sending him for chest x-rays and blood work. It's been a long week for her. His tests for pneumonia and bronchitis came back negative. Later in the day she had an appointment and I kept her son because her husband is with mine...

So I am now praying for God's mercy on me and my kids for helping my friend...is that super selfish or what? I just don't want my kiddos to be sick...but alas...I am a true friend and I kept the "best dude" who has some sort of serious upper respitory infection...she would do it for me!

THEN...

I feed all 4 kiddos and head to church where I have about 24 birth to 3rd graders to take care of for a sunday school party. Needless to say, we had a major discipline issue that ended with me being kicked and head-butted. sweet.

I am now home, tired, remember I started way earlier than I usually do. My kids hae been good, not great...daddy's gone and they know it.

And on top of everything else, now my throat hurts and my nose is running and my head is stopped up and I am seriously praying I am not sick. For tomorrow I have another day and daddy is coming home...hallelujah and amen.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my...I'm definitely praying no one gets sick and that your symptoms are just from being tired and not from being sick.

Just be sure you go to the doc if your sore throat gets worse. There's a bad strand of strep throat going around right now (heard it on the news tonight).

I'm praying for Paul's safety on that hunting trip as well!

Melissa said...

Oh Man, why is it that when Dad is gone, the whole house feels that way? Our kids do that same thing. I will pray for your health this week. Get some rest and I hope you have a beautiful week. :)