Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I am not/WILL NOT make New Year's Resolutions.

I don't like them. I feel like I am either setting myself up for failure OR I choose things that are so easy it takes me one second to achieve them. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of the resolutions? Aren't resolutions supposed to strive you forward to a goal? Yeah that's what I thought.

So I am not/will not make New Year's Resolutions.

I will however strive to do things better. I will continue to pray about the direction of my life and my peoples lives. I will try, try, try to be better at every thing I do.

Here, more specifically, are some things that are NOT New Year's Resolutions for me: (in no particular order of importance...that's just taking things to far...)

*workout/eat right
(plus cake)
*read through the chronological Bible
(this is so intriguing!!)
*serve my church and my kids school
(this is keeping my pretty busy...I wouldn't have it any other way!)
*clean my house/do laundry
(my husband and mother are ROFL right now...I have no idea why...)
*play with my kids
(in the new tree house of course and on the Wii)
*strive toward being a better teacher/parent/friend/wife
(this one is serious)
*become more efficient at the Wii
(Lego Star Wars to be exact)
*keep my scrapbook up to date
(this one is also serious)
*plan a 10 year anniversary trip...to somewhere...anywhere
(this one is VERY serious!)
*save money
(probably not...how about be an AWESOME sale finder!! Yessss!)
*take better pictures
(I am getting better every day!)

Now these may sound eerily like New Year's Resolutions, but I assure you they are not! I was doing these things on December 31, 2009 and I was doing them on January 1,2010 and I am continuing these things today.

So since I am NOT making any New Year's Resolutions I have nothing to worry about. Nothing to fail at...and if there is nothing to fail at then there are plenty of things to succeed at! I plan on succeeding at everything listed above.

Go ahead. Try to make me make New Year's Resolutions...you can't do it. But you go ahead and make your own New Year's Resolutions and then let me know how that works for you!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I felt a little bullied into leaving a comment, but here it is LOL!!!!!! I like to make goals and write them so I can read them later and see how I did. Not always necessarily New Year's resolutions. And usually I meet them or exceed them within three years not just one. This year I'm learning Spanish! Adios amiga!

Heather Merritt said...

I just wanted to let you know I was reading! I saw this on fb and I love to read other mom blogs so here I am....I have you bookmarked and I'll be back! :)