Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I think I'm getting it, Lord. Thank you.

Many of you may know the journey I have been on for the last 8 months or so.

About December of last year Paul and I felt like the Lord was leading me to go back to school and get my teaching certificate to add to my bachelor's degree. There was no "real" reason to do it...it was something I have wanted to do for a long time and the time was right. God's timing was right.

As I look back on the whole thing, God's timing was not only right, but PERFECT.

I signed up for the alternative certification classes and because God's timing is PERFECT, I had all the money I needed to pay for the classes.

The classes lasted for 4 weeks and I went to class 4 nights a week from 6-9pm and on Saturdays from 8-3 and because God's timing is PERFECT I did not miss ONE thing my children were involved in. We were between football and baseball season so I missed nothing. My husband was available (and awesome) to be home with my kids every class night to get them in bed so they didn't suffer in school. PERFECT.

And now I am waiting on God's PERFECT timing. I had an interview in May and have been waiting all summer long to hear if I would have a job at my kid's school. There is a position available. The enrollment numbers are above the state standard. So what are we waiting for? The district? Well I have been saying all along, "We're just waiting for the district to make the decision. We are just waiting for the district to call the principal. We're just waiting on the district."

Well. I believe the Lord is impressing on my that I am waiting on the WRONG thing! Seriously. Why has this not occured to me before now!??! God's timing has been PERFECT throughout this entire process. Why am I wasting my time "waiting on the district" when I could be BLESSED to wait on the Lord.

God revealed a very familiar passage to me the other day while I was praying and seeking Him about this whole ordeal. This verse was so impressed into my heart that I PROMPTLY (and I mean immediately) found a background, typed it up, printed it out and LAMINATED IT! Yes I did...see?



The verse is from Isaiah 30:18 and reads:

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you, He rises to show you compassion for the Lord is a God of justice and blessed are all who wait for Him.

Our pastor covered this passage not too long ago and said something about it that really stuck with me. "without the longing for something, wait is just the passage of time." The fact the the Lord LONGS to be GRACIOUS to me is very comforting.

I am no longer waiting on the district to make a decision. I am waiting for the Lord to be gracious to me, as He longs to do. And the end of the verse says that I am BLESSED to be waiting on Him.

No comments: