Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Schedule and all the Craziness That Surrounds Us Right Now.

So let's start with last weekend.

The inlaws...mine, not Paul's...came into town to spend the weekend with us and watch the kiddos play football/cheer. Both of the boys played hard, but ended up losing and Abby danced/cheered really well. We ate out alot, specifically at Rudy's, and went shopping. In fact I'm pretty sure I graced the Target entrance THREE times in the weekend! Hey, people...things had to be purchased...and *shocker alert* I wasn't super organized about the list of things we needed so that warranted the three trips. Oh well, I can always blow some time and money in Target!

Sunday was church and all the things that go with it, for us. During the second service on Sunday, our children's minister had a "meeting" (for lack of a better term)for anyone who wanted to hear more about accepting Jesus as their Savior. Jacob decided to take his best friend up to the meeting. After hearing the presentation, Jacob and I talked with his friend and he decided to accept Jesus as his Savior! I was so excited for him AND for Jacob! He is 8 years old! He told his best friend about Jesus because he cared for him. It was such an exciting time!

Monday....hmmmm....Monday was school and Bible study and football practice. Pretty standard these days!

Tuesday....again pretty standard. Paul had band practice for Fields of Faith and I took the kids to eat and shop for the THREE birthday presents we had to get! That's right...all three of my kids are giving out birthday presents this weekend. Apparently, 9 months prior to this weekend was a poplular time - 9 years ago, 6 years ago and 1 year ago. So we went to IHOP for dinner, because pancakes for dinner is always a winner. I was really excited to spend some fun time with the kiddos. We were sitting in the booth at IHOP and Caleb looked at me and said "Mi gusta IHOP, mommy!" I just gave him a BIG smile and thanked God that Spanish Immersion is working!

Wednesday was CRAZY. We got pulled over by two Comal Co. Sherriff's IN OUR DRIVEWAY! That's a funny story I'll tell you one day. I went to work. Paul went to work. Paul got the kids from school and took them to the football field while he set up for Fields of Faith. Then I got the kids from the field and took them to another football field for Jacob's practice.

That brings us to today. School, out to eat...AGAIN! (This has got to stop soon!) and then to praise team practice. While Paul set up his drums, me and the kids played four square in the gym. We sang for an hour and then home. All are in bed. All is well.

Paul and I have a day date planned for Saturday after the football games! We are going shopping with my first paycheck! Yahoo! I'll try not to spend it all...but my son, God love him, (which is code for "I'm glad it's not me!") has very few items of clothing to wear for the upcoming winter months. We have had a few chilly mornings here and his sweatshirts are all 3/4 length sleeves! He put on a pair of wind pants today and he needed to wear long socks...
Of course I'll be shopping for me too! I can only wear jeans on Fridays so that means I need some more pants! ...and maybe shoes, shirts, jackets...etc!

And on a completely random note. It is 9:58pm and there are construction workers next door at the church with all of their beep beep beeping and lights and tractor/big machine thing-y noises. That could be annoying.

That is all. Thank you.

No comments: