Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas Decorating...

So I'm putting up Christmas Decorations this week....

Ok, ok, ok, For all you nay-sayers out there...at least read to the end of the blog before casting your judgement.

For the last two years, we have traveled to Dallas for Thanksgiving...and I have always been a huge proponent of holding off Christmas until after Thanksgiving....I always want to give Thanksgiving it's due justice before the "hustle and bustle" starts....HOWEVER...

Like I said earlier we have traveled to Dallas for the last two years and of course I wanted to put the Christmas decorations up as soon as Thanksgiving was over. So we would travel the 5 1/2 hours back to San Antonio and come in the house exhausted from a trip with 3 kids and time spent with family...and I would want the tree and lights up...like...now. Since everyone was so exhausted from the trip no one would want to help me and I would end up doing it all and then the laundry from our trip sat in the laundry room for days, and the empty boxes with evidence of Christmas decorations would just keep getting scooted around the living room until we finally got them back out to the garage...and...it was not fun.

So Paul and I decided this year was going to be different. Each night this week we have been putting up a few decorations with the kids. We are keeping the lights off so we have something to do come December. I have eaten WAY to many cookies that we made the other night...when we were having FUN!

So now this year we will come home from our wonderful family Thanksgiving to a house that is all ready for us to jump feet first into the Christmas season. So I figure we are doing exactly what this season is all about. We are spending time as a family remembering the things God has done for us...and eating some triple chocolate chip cookies...

No comments: