Thursday, February 18, 2010

I know...I know...It's been too long...

What can I say. I have failed as a blogger lately. But I have some really good reasons....I think.

I have been taking classes to get my teacher's certification and I take the test tomorrow. Ironically the test has very little to do with the practical application in the classroom, but the "powers that be" say I have to know all kinds of "educational gobble-de-gook" (and yes, that is a technical term)to pass the test.

So.

I.
Have.
Been.
Studying.

It has been quite brutal. I have been going to class 4 nights a week and my family is really taking it well. We have been eating dinner at 4:00 in the afternoon/evening just to be able to eat together. I spend time with my kiddos after they get out of school and then after I get out of school (at 9pm) I do my homework leaving me awake until the wee hours of the night/morning. I get up and do it all over again!

It has all been leading up to this point. Tomorrow morning. Nine.A.M.

It has been quite some time since I have taken a test like this...let's just say...about ten years. YIKES! I also have not studied quite like this in a few...ahem...10 years. So all of this is adding up to a couple of nerves.

To top it all off, I am having a wee bit of guilt. Caleb's birthday is today and I have been so concentrated on this test, balancing family time and church...and D all of the above, that I did not plan a birthday party for him. For some reason this always happens to Caleb. He is SO good about it too. He is laid back and so comfortable in himself that he just looks at me with those enormous brown eyes and says, "Don't worry Mommy, we can have my party in two weeks."

OMGoodness...Do you love him?

Paul says I am doing a good job of studying and balancing...I hope so. I don't want to regret any part of this. I don't want my kids to suffer in any way. I don't want to fail my test...(and waste my $120!)

Good News? The test is tomorrow.
Bad News? The test is tomorrow.

So after tomorrow things will be better. I hope. Either way the test will be over. I will either pass or fail. I have studied all I am going to study. I either know it or I don't.

He knows my every moment.
He knows the outcome of my test tomorrow.
He knows if I pass or fail.

He knows.

He. knows.

No comments: