Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I just want everyone to know that I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. To top it all off...I just read Paul's blog about it...I want to share it with you...not to toot my own horn, but because I have the greatest husband ever!

Saturday, May 10, 2008
Mother's Day
So this weekend is mother’s day... I am so excited that my kids have such an awesome mom. Tanya is the type of mother who will stop her whole day to make super hero costumes complete with masks and capes. I never know what I will come into when I come home from the office. So this is the weekend where we tip our hats to the ones that make scraped knees heal instantly, make a plain old sandwich into a gourmet meal. I am blessed to have Tanya in my life and my kids life as well!

Thanks so much, Paul...love you!

Now more from me...
At church on Sunday our pastor was doing the typical Mother's Day thing giving roses to the oldest mothers and the newest mothers and I sat there thinking of all the other mothers who really deserve a rose to...here are a few examples:

1. Mothers of Kindergartners...we taught our children to READ this year...I feel victorious!
2. Mothers of Seniors...they have been through all the years of school, all the science projects, book reports, boyfriends and girlfriends, bad teachers, lost ball games...etc...the list goes on.
3. Mothers of new babies...oh the sleepless nights
4. Mothers of soldiers...oh the uncertainty
5. Mothers of preschoolers...need I say more?!?!
6. Mothers of college grads...oh the lack of cash...
7. Mothers of special needs children...again, need I say more?!!?
8. Mothers of teenagers...YIKES!
9. Mothers of 16 year olds just chomping at the bit to get their license!
10.Mothers...all shapes, all sizes, all of them...

No comments: