Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Altar and the Door

Recently, I have been in this personal struggle to move my relationship with God to the next level. I don't just want this for me, but for my family, for my children. I just can't seem to grasp what it is that I need to do to create this forward movement. There is a song on the new Casting Crowns CD that speaks directly to this and I want to share the chorus with you. It is awesome.

Lord this time I'll make it right * Here at the altar I lay my life * Your kingdom come but my will was done, my heart is broken as I * Cry, like so many times before * But my eyes are dry before I leave the floor, oh Lord * I try but this time Jesus how can I be sure * I will not lose my follow through * between the altar and the door

So much can happen between the promises made at the altar and the door of the church where life happens. I pray that the movement that I make will remain far past the door and infiltrate completely into my life and the life of my family. The new Casting Crowns CD is called (appropriately) The Altar and the Door Check it out when it comes out at the end of September.

No comments: