Thursday, September 13, 2007

Twas the Night Before Kindergarten

Twas the Night Before Kindergarten and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse (if there were a mouse in my house, I would definately be stirring!)
Anyway, I'm not going to try to carry out this rhyme. However, we had a wonderful evening tonight. After chicken nuggets and a bath, Jacob layed out his "first day of school" outfit. Paul had to do the laundry scramble, though, and hunt down the perfect pair of Transformer underwear! He saved the day and found a CLEAN pair in the dryer...whew! Then we sat down as a family and had the most amazing family prayer time for Jacob and his first day of school. Abby thanked God for Jacob. Caleb prayed that Jacob would have a great day at school and that he would learn lots of new things. He also prayed that Jacob would not get in trouble for saying any "HALO" words. (i.e. I'm gonna get my shotty and my sniper rifle...or I'm gonna get you with a sticky grenade...or let me get my spankin' weapons.) Mommy prayed that he would be focused and listen and find favor with Ms. Schmidt. Daddy prayed that he would have fun and meet new friends. It was so fun to turn our nightly prayer time into a focused time of petition for Jacob and the beginning of his school career. We will all drop Jacob off at school and I will stay for the "Boo Hoo Breakfast" hosted by the PTA for the Kindergarten moms. I hope to meet some new friends too. I would love to meet some of the moms from Jacob's class. Well...Here's to Kindergarten!

No comments: